Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Best Meat Loaf Ever!!!!

Wow, I tried this Meat Loaf recipe last night and it was awesome! I changed it a bit to make it Gluten Free, but that in no way ruined it! Oh, and if I have any notes, they'll be in a different color.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup Walmart Ketchup is GF, as well as Heinz
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
3/4 cup Idaho Potato Spuds Yes, instant Potatoes!!!!!!!!

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan. I used a glass Pyrex loaf pan, 3.5 x 4.5 x 2.5, Or1.5 Qt (1.5 L).
2. Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.

The best part is you can cover it with the sauce made from the Ketchup and brown sugar (it melts together when you cook it). We didn't even need to use A1 or anything! Also (I actually didn't do this, but perhaps I will next time), my husband told me we could have steamed some vegetables (Carrots, Potatoes) and put the sauce over them as well. Guess you could try it!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Thanks!

No comments: